Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Confession

I have a confession to make: Today is Wednesday and I haven’t run since last Friday. That’s five days of no running! This the longest stretch of voluntary non-running for me since I started running over three years ago (not including the month of non-running due to injury last year). I have been a victim of the great Blizzard of 2009 and quite frankly, I can’t say I mind too much.

Rather than stress out about it, I have decided that as a Christmas present to myself I am taking this week off and I am not going to stress out about it. The roads, sidewalks and bike paths around me are still horrendous. I have seen a few runners out and about but it looks like they are having a hard enough still trudging through the snow and slush, not to mention the extra effort needed to remain upright because of the (sometimes hidden) patches of ice all over the area.
I will admit that I have easy access to the treadmills in the gym at work and they have been calling my name (I am thinking about succumbing this afternoon) but I have been enjoying this whole non-running thing. Consider it a re-boot for the coming marathon training that starts in January.

Don’t worry though, I haven’t been idle! Saturday and Sunday were spent on lots and lots of snow shoveling. Monday I took a long walk in the snow since I have the day off from work due to the snow. I’ve also been baking cookies and….well, and eating them!

Next week, it’s game on. For now…Merry Christmas and enjoy the holiday!

Daily Dozen:
Not a thing…for now!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails