Friday, March 12, 2010

A Little Nervous

It’s been a strong week of running for me this past week. Last Sunday ended up being a beautiful day, perfect for an 18 mile long run. Monday through today, I’ve hit each one of my scheduled runs. I’ve felt a bit tired from the higher mileages but when my runs started I felt energized.

This weekend’s long run is supposed to be a cut back week before next week’s 20 miler. However, I’ve decided to throw in a little wrinkle for myself; a race – Four Courts Four Miler.

I haven’t raced since November at the GCF Half Marathon and I’m a little nervous about tomorrow’s race. Truthfully, I’m not quite sure why.

I’ve fallen off my pace a little bit compared to what I was running before I got a little sidelined by injury and weather in February but that’s no reason to be scared right? Also, the race is downhill during the first half but Uphill during the last half – 2 miles down, 2 miles back up. Again, I love running hills, that shouldn’t be causing anxiety. Except for the recent dry spell, I race often since the local running scene is so active and this race is super convenient. Nothing to be too concerned about.

And yet, I’m a little nervous.

Daily Dozen:
10 miles run commute

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails