Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2010 : I Continue

Looking back on 2009, I realized just how much I was able to accomplish in one year. I went from starting the year hesitant about running because of an injury and running about 20 miles a week on average to ending with a weekly average between 40 and 50 miles and gain confidence in my abilities. I ran personal records in every single race distance I tried, from the 5K to the marathon and I was consistent in making some sort of activity a part of my daily life. Not only am I running and walking more than I was when 2009 started, I also found new things to keep me active – camping and downhill skiing to name a few.

My resolution for 2010 is to Continue, to keep doing what I am doing – continue running strong farther and faster without injury, continue trying new things and continue doing those fun, new things I discovered last year.

I’d also like to set a few personal goals for myself, including:
  • Run my 4th marathon and get close to the 4 hour mark
  • Run my first ultra marathon (JFK 50 is my tentative goal)
  • Try something new (Boxing? Yoga? Swimming?)
  • Write a short story (put my fingers to keyboard this year…get it down, out my head)
  • Paint and decorate one room in the house to completion

I’m looking forward to making it all happen in 2010!

Daily Dozen:
10.5 miles run this morning, intervals – 1 mile easy, 1 mile pushing the pace, repeat
XT and pushups in the gym @ lunch hour

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails