Monday, June 14, 2010

New Bike

After last weekend’s nearly disastrous run, I laid low this weekend and skipped running altogether.

However, the weekend wasn’t a total loss because on Sunday I purchased a new bike and here it is:

My New Bike

My New Helmet

It is a Cannondale Quick 4 and is supposed to be a good bike for riders who want to use it for both commuting, quick rides to run errands as well as some fitness riding and this is exactly how I want to use this bike. I’ve been saying for over a year now that I’d like to start biking to/from work but I had two excuses that have prevented me from actually doing it. One, I didn’t have a “good” bike and two, I am very nervous about riding on the roads in DC.

Well, I’ve eliminated the first excuse and the only way to get over the anxiety about riding in DC is to just do it.

Last night, Mike and I went for a ride and it really was a great deal of fun. I am looking forward to my future bike adventures!

Daily Dozen:
5 miles w/ ¼ mile intervals and ¼ mile rest – piriformis is acting up, bring on the tennis ball J

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails