Thursday, May 20, 2010

Welcome Back

It is good to be back.

I know I shouldn’t rush recovery after a marathon but that doesn’t mean I can’t be excited about getting back out on my bike paths and streets.

This morning I headed out for a short 2-miler and I felt good and smooth.

I’ve really missed getting out in the morning, before even having a chance to think about work and cleaning the house and running errands and folding clothes, getting out before the sun comes up and just simply running. I love how I feel after a long, hard run, knowing that I have my whole day ahead of me and I’ve managed to accomplish so much.

I can honestly say that I’m excited to get back in to the groove of a fifty mile week.

As I set out this morning, running with a slight skip in my step, as they say, because of Sunday’s marathon PR, the future seemed limitless. Maybe I can one day break four hours, heck, maybe I’ll even qualify for Boston one day. I should shoot for that this fall, or tomorrow…

I got tired about mile 1 and even though I pushed just a bit further down the bike path before I turned around, I knew that this was a gentle reminder to be happy with my accomplishment now and to not be so quick to jump to the next impossible dream.

I made it through my 2 miles this morning and as I walked back to the house I felt very content and happy, which is such a relief from the anxiety and nerves of the past three weeks.

Daily Dozen:
2.3 miles run @ morning
Strength training @ lunch hour

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails