Friday, July 16, 2010

Recovery Plan

My plan for the rest of July is to fully recover from the Skyline Challenge 50K and be ready to jump back in to running in August. It’s not that I’ll be doing zero running for the next two weeks but rather that I plan on taking it slow and easy and not pushing myself to get out on the bike paths.

Recovery is going well so far. I hadn’t run a step since Saturday’s race because my legs were still feeling sore. However, this morning I wok up an hour before my alarm, wide awake which is usually a sign that the first hurdle toward recovery has been reached.

I decided to go out for a run/walk just to see how my legs would respond. My legs are still feeling pretty dead and I ended up walking quite a bit but it was definitely a mental boost to get back out there.

I’ve been giving a lot of thought toward doing more ultra races but I haven’t really decided on what’s next for me. I’ve been doing some reading on ultras and training for these types of races and I came across this video, Grandmothers of Endurance.

Not only are these women awesome, but they are a huge inspiration to me. I want to be them when I grow up. I have every intention of the being that gray-haired, little old lady at races. Being a lifelong runner is my ultimate goal!

Daily Dozen
2 miles in 28 minutes, early morning

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails