Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bad Eating/Good Running

Bacon Cheeseburgers w/ fries! Doritos! Burger King Chicken Sandwiches! Soda!

These are the sort of things I’ve been including in my food choices lately. I’m not saying there isn’t room for these things in my “diet” but they aren’t the types of good I want to include in my eating habits on a regular basis…and they’ve become much more common in the past few weeks. It is time for a change. I want to rededicate myself to more healthful foods. Foods that not only taste good while I’m eating them but foods that make me feel good after eating them; the above examples are not it. I begin today.

On the other hand, my running has been phenomenal lately (I really doubt the two are related…wouldn’t that be fun if eating Oreos made me a better runner). I’ve been so pleased with my pace (10:00 to 10:30/mile without focusing on pace is feeling easy) and how my body has been reacting to training.

My long run last weekend was a ten miler. I felt great the entire time, I was cruising up hills and since it was a step-back week in my marathon training schedule, I decided to just go with the flow and run at the pace that felt most comfortable. I held a near-steady 10:00 minute pace the entire time. When I got home and checked my Garmin, I almost couldn’t believe it. It felt wonderful.

I took the plunge and signed up for the Vermont City Marathon in Burlington, VT and I could not be more pleased with how my training is going so far. When things go well, it sure feels good!

Today’s Daily Dozen
3.5 mile Run
Maybe a walk tonight after dinner

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails