Friday, January 23, 2009

...and a dollar short

On days like today it seems a shame to be stuck indoors at a desk all day. We seemed to have finally broken free from the bitter cold weather we’ve had recently; today is sunny with a high around 50 degrees. In comparison to the recent mid-20s high and mostly cloudy days of the past two weeks, it is practically balmy outside.

This afternoon would be the perfect weather for a long run or race – not hot in the slightest but not cold either once you get running. I couldn’t help but stare with envy as I saw others running along the city streets and imagine how nice it must be on the trails and bike paths I frequent.

Why, oh why, is today of all days a rest day for me?!

I haven’t looked at the weather for tomorrow or gotten a sense for what to weather for tomorrow morning’s long run but I have a feeling, this sunny, beautiful day will not be one to spill in to tomorrow. Dang, a day late…, as they say.

Today's Daily Dozen
40 min. of yoga

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails