Monday, January 19, 2009

Cleaning as Cross Training

Today was a scheduled cross training day; however, because of the holiday my normal routine wasn't going to happen.

Instead of going to the gym or going for a walk or a bike ride, I cleaned. I cleaned like a woman possessed. I listened to music and danced around through most of the cleaning. I danced as I folded clothes and as I scrubbed and mopped. Does cleaning count as cross training?

It may not be the best cross training but it felt good finally getting the apartment in good order. Despite a small amount of guilt about not going to gym, I still had an extremely productive day!

I had a fantastic long run yesterday. It was a 7-miler that I ran easy but when I checked the time at the end, the pace was great - 10:20 over the 7 miles that felt easy, breezy. Who wouldn't love a run that felt effortless and surprising?

As I cleaned, dusting and sweeping, I thought about how excited I have been about my running lately. My pace has been great, and even better, improving. I am running strong and getting strong all the time, being consistent with my strength training and core work. I am looking forward to the marathon and all the races I hve coming before it in May. As I cleaned, washing about the dirt and grime of living. I was happy to be thinking about running and looking forward to tomorrow's run.

Today's Daily Dozen:
Cleaning!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails