Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A New Toy

I woke up this morning with a stuffy nose, sinus pressure, a (very) slight fever and a very sore throat. Yesterday's plan for a hard hill interval workout went right out the window. Unfortunately, I couldn't get back to sleep after my alarm went off so I missed out on an extra hour of sleep.

I started to feel better as the day wore on but when I arrived home from work, Mike had a surprise waiting for me - Wii Fit! :-)

First things first, I did the Wii Fit test to find out my Wii Age for the day. Standing on the Balance Board, the game tested my Center of Balance (good - 51/49%), weighted me (126 and a little bit), and tested my balance (keeping the dot in the blue box - not as easy). ...And my Wii Age for today...40! Freakin' FORTY!! How rude?! Ha!

Not letting that deter me, I tried out a bunch of the yoga and strength moves. I wasn't really looking for a workout but was curious about what the game had to offer. The moves were fun and definitely working my body and muscles but I can see how easy it would be to cheat the game. However, the Balance and Aerobic games were the most fun.

I really enjoyed the Hula Hoop games (I am awesome at it!) and the ski jump game. I'm bad at the agility/balance game like the soccer header game and the roll-y-ball game. Really BAD! Ha!

Still, it's a fun game and it'll be one more thing to do instead of just sit in front of the TV in the evening after work.

Today's Daily Dozen:
1 hour of Wii Fit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying the blog. You are amazing me. Will you bring Wii fit up with you when you visit at Christmas? I would love to try it.

Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails