Saturday, December 20, 2008

Denying My Laziness

Most of the time I am a morning runner. If running isn't the first thing I do when I wake up, there is only a 50/50 chance I'll have the motivation to run mid-day or even less likely, in the evening.

Running just wasn't going to happen this morning so I vegged out in front of the TV and then we walked to breakfast and the mall so I could get a haircut. I knew I should run but I also know how easy it is for me to find an excuse not get out and hit the roads. I've been trying to break my occasional lazy streak and what better day than today to put my efforts to the test.

After some procrastination, I figured the first step would be to get dressed for running and once I was dressed I would just have to get out for a run. The trick worked; within 10 minutes of getting ready for running, I was running. Three and four tenths of a mile later, another successful run was in the books and I am proud of myself for not wasting the day.

I feel like indulging my lazy desires for the rest of the day but at least I won't feel so bad about it now.

Tomorrow will be a welcomed rest day!

Today's Daily Dozen:
3.39 miles run (16 min. run/1 min. walk x 2 intervals)
(Maybe) Wii Fit later

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails