Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Rest Day

Today was a rest day and with the wind blowing as hard as it was, thank goodness for that!

I despise running in the wind especially in the winter when it always seems to kick up after I've worked up a good sweat, freezing me to the bone. The only long run I've ever quit on was supposed to be an 18 miler last February. I hit the bike trail along the Potomac River just as the cold wind picked up and with 11 miles of sweat clinging to me, I got a feel for what real cold can do to me. After 3 miles of toughing it out, the thought of finishing the run was too much and just as I started shivering I had to stop and jump on the metro. For shame...

The memory of that run is the reason I was glad to have a rest day today.

However, I did do both yoga and strength training with the Wii Fit and spent much of the day cleaning and straightening up the apartment. Before dinner, we took a walk around the neighborhood as the pot roast cooked in the slow cooker. All in all, a relatively active day for a rest day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails