Monday, February 9, 2009

My Version of Circuit Training

I’m sorta in love with one of my cross-training routines.

Lately, on cross-training days and/or for lunch hour workouts I’ve been setting the treadmill to an interval or cross-country program, working the speed up to a nice, fast walking pace and then pausing every 10 minutes for a round of push-ups, running planks and squats. The workout seems to fly by – I’ve done three rounds for a total of 45 pushups, 60 running planks and 60 squats, not to mention almost two miles of walking incline intervals in under 40 minutes. I’ve worked by arms, my core, my legs AND my cardio fitness in one go.

I can see why circuit training is always mentioned in regards to how to get the most bang for buck in a short amount of time.

In fact, I enjoy this workout so much that I have actually been looking forward to it all day and I can’t wait for my lunch break.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails